What We're Reading - April 3, 2019
Here are six articles that are trending this week in Ellevation's ELL Community...
- From Edutopia, Karissa Knox Sorrell highlights 4 simple ways to support English Learners' comprehension.
- New America's Jenny Muñiz recently published a useful report detailing a 50 state survey of culturally responsive teaching standards - complete with resources to help schools and districts get started.
- In an inspirational piece from The 74, Tiffany Lagerstrom tells the story of a young homeless refugee from Nigeria who found hope and a pathway to success through chess.
- From Earth News, Chrissy Sexton writes about how remarkably little storage the human brain needs to learn a language.
- Also from New America, Sarah Jackson shares an interview with Fresno elementary school principal Erica Piedra about finding and training bilingual teachers in California's central valley - a challenge that schools across the country are confronting.
- In Southern California, the Tri County Sentry reports on Oxnard's Elm Street School receiveing the California Association of Bilingual Education's (CABE) "Seal of Excellence" award for their work in establishing exemplary bilingual education programs. Congratulations!
Want these resources delivered directly to your inbox? Join the ELL Community in the box on this page!