What We're Reading - February 27, 2019
Here are 6 articles that are trending this week in the ELL Community.
- Ellevation Education's Take the Pledge Scholarship application window is open until March 15. Help a deserving EL student apply here!
- Education Week's Corey Mitchell reports on an initiative by the Council of Great City Schools and LAUSD to provide high quality teaching materials for ELs.
- A new survey by McGraw Hill Education shows a link between social and emotional learning and English learner success.
- The Waco Tribune Herald reports on the advantages of being bilingual and how it plays into academic success.
- From Edutopia, Tan Huynh breaks down some important dos and don'ts to help EL Specialists build strong relationships with content teachers who teach English learners.
- The Migration Policy Institute provides this in depth look at Carribean immigrants in the United States, complete with statistics, history, policy, and more.
Want these resources delivered directly to your inbox? Join the ELL Community in the box on this page!