What We're Reading - March 13, 2019
Here are six articles that are trending this week in Ellevation's ELL Community...
- From Education Week, Corey Mitchell discusses whether or not English only states should test ELLs in their native languages.
- In a thorough piece by The 74, Bekah McNeel reveals how and why impoverished schools with high ELL populations in Brownsville, TX are thriving.
- The Google for Education Teacher Center has released a series of quick online tutorials to help teachers use their tools to work with English learners.
- In another in a series of articles about English learners and STEM, New America's Jenny Muñiz highlights four reasons why ELs lack access to quality STEM learning.
- From The Washington Post, Debbie Truong discusses the tension around increasing demand for bilingual schools in Northern Virginia, a topic that is trending around the country.
- Also from Education Week, Corey Mitchell spotlights news about Democrats' efforts to revive DREAM Act and implications for K-12 schools.
Want these resources delivered directly to your inbox? Join the ELL Community in the box on this page!