What We're Reading - June 5, 2019
Here are 6 articles that are trending this week in the EL Community:
- From New America, Jenny Muñiz discusses how to promote equitable access to dual language immersion programs with Kathryn I. Henderson from The University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Teacher, author, and EL expert Larry Ferlazzo kicks off a three part series in Education Week focusing on co-teaching arrangements to support English learners.
- WBUR Cognoscenti contributor Roberto Rey Agudo discusses the importance of getting people's names right, specifically in educational contexts.
- Language Magazine highlights important findings from a WIDA study that shows states classify long term ELs (LTELS) very differently.
- In an article published in The Arizona Capitol Times, Kelsey Mo explores how new state legislation is impacting EL programs in the state after a difficult history.
- From the Seidlitz Education blog, Dr. Stephen Fleenor provides insight and recommendations on how sheltered instruction approaches can support AP and advanced classes.
Want these resources delivered directly to your inbox? Join the ELL Community in the box on this page!