Highest Aspirations Podcast, S01 E14: ESSA's Impact on ELL Programs With David Holbrook of TransACT
What are the implications of ESSA on ELL programs and instruction? What specifically are Title I and Title III administrators going to observe in the coming months? And how about principals and teachers? How is the K-12 world we know going to change in 2018-2019?
We discuss these questions and more as Ellevation President and Co-Founder Teddy Rice sits down with Dr. David Holbrook of TransACT. Teddy is our in-house policy wonk, so handing the mic over to him led to a rich conversation with David. Listen to the conversation below.
- You can read David's bio and find his recent contributions on TransACT's website.
- Download TransACT's ebook on Implementing ESSA - Related Changes for ELs.
- David mentions he keeps current by reading Education Week.
- While recognizing it is more political in nature, David appreciates that Politico is often the first to report issues.
Learn more about David's work and ESSA by checking out the following resources in the ELL Community:
- Read the press release about David's new role on Ellevation's Advisory Board.
- Watch the recording of Teddy Rice's webinar: ESSA: What Does it Mean for Your EL Program
We encourage you to use the Anchor podcast app voicemail feature to respond to this episode or to recommend topics and guests for future episodes.
You can also listen and subscribe to Highest Aspirations on iTunes here.