What We're Reading - April 17, 2019
Here are six articles that are trending this week in Ellevation's ELL Community...
- In a powerful series about migrant children from Education Week, Kavitha Cardoza highlights the many challanges faced by students, teachers, families, and schools.
- From Edutopia, Emily Kaplan curates 6 essential strategies for teaching English learners, with contributions from some of the most well-respected experts in the field.
- New America's Ingrid T. Colón discusses the benefits of bringing translanguaging into bilingual education programs to help support dual language learners, and it isn't as complicated as you might think.
- From Education Week Teacher Classroom Q&A, Larry Ferlazzo interviews experts on effective ways to use technology in English classes, including specific strategies for English learners.
- In this story published by WGBH News, Bianca Vázquez Toness discusses how teaching math can help get English learners talking.
- From MultiBriefs, University of Central Florida's Douglas Magrath describes some key elements necessary to encourage your English learners.
Want these resources delivered directly to your inbox? Join the ELL Community in the box on this page!