What We're Reading - March 27, 2019
Here are six articles that are trending this week in Ellevation's ELL Community...
- From Education Week, Sarah D. Sparks writes about why teacher-student relationships matter and how teachers can help improve them.
- In an article published in Getting Smart, Amanda Winkelsas provides strategies on how to differentiate family engagement - a topic that has been receiveing a lot of attention.
- For more tips and tools on reaching families with an emphasis on text messages, check out this article by Tim Newcomb from The 74.
- From The Indianapolis Recorder, Brittany King highlights the district's efforts to bring bilingual learning into low income neighborhoods, an initiative that has been challenging in many places.
- EdSource's Zaidee Stavely highlights California's new training opportunities for preschool teachers to help bilingual students prepare for kindergarten.
- From Education Week, Corey Mitchell summarizes recent efforts by New America to help address the bilingual teacher shortage through "Grow-your-own" programs.
Want these resources delivered directly to your inbox? Join the ELL Community in the box on this page!