S2/E6: The Seal of Biliteracy: Past, Present, and Future With Martha Hernandez (Part 2)
During our conversation, Martha and I mention the following resources:
- To learn more about the Seal of Biliteracy, take a look at this interactive website.
- You can also access the short videos Martha mentioned on the Alas y Voz Facebook page.
- The Californians Together website has a wealth of information on the Seal of Biliteracy and other important topics.
- California Association of Bilingual Education (CABE)
- Biliteracy from the Start, by Kathy Escamilla, Susan Hopewell, Sandra Butvilofsky, etc.
- 2017 National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine: Promoting the Education Success of Children and Youth Learning English, Promising Futures
- The Guiding Principles for Dual Language Education - Center of Appled Linguistics (CAL)
- Martha and I also encourage you to check your state department of education website for information about English Learners.
Subscribe to Highest Aspirations wherever you listen to podcasts so you don't miss any upcoming episodes!