What We're Reading - May 15, 2019
Here are 6 articles that are trending this week in the EL Community:
- From the New America's blog, Jenny Muñiz sheds light on the "rigor gap" in schools that commonly affects English learners.
- Education Week's Corey Mitchell outlines some concerns and recommendations around equitable access to the increasingly popular Seal of Biliteracy.
- Voice of America reports on the nation's the shortage of bilingual teachers and what is being done to solve the problem.
- In an article published in The New York Times, Christina Goldbaum reports on how communities that have been left behind need refugees more than ever.
- From Education Week's Classroom Q&A, Larry Ferlazzo interviews experts on using games effectively in the classroom, with a focus on English learners.
- Pacific Standard's Sarah Jackson discusses how shifting policies in California have helped create promising programs for the state's diverse student population.
Want these resources delivered directly to your inbox? Join the ELL Community in the box on this page!